While many businesses are making the effort to develop a social media presence, they are struggling to grow a quality audience. The purpose of social media for businesses is to develop a solid brand identity, make connections with potential customers, and build relationships with existing customers. In fact, KissMetrics tells us that 60% of consumers who follow a brand on social media will eventually buy from that brand. However, these goals can only be achieved by gaining targeted, quality followers. There are methods to accumulating a strong audience on all forms of social media, but in this post we will focus on strategies for growing Facebook fans.
- Add a Facebook like box to your website: This is the quickest and easiest way to grow your audience. When someone visits your website, they are already showing interest in your brand. Providing those consumers with a like box is an easy way to connect them with your page, transforming them from a one-time viewer to someone who views you brand and content on a regular basis.
- Engage with other businesses: Become a key speaker in your niche industry’s conversation. By engaging with other businesses on Facebook, you will become visible their audience. Commenting on industry specific posts is a great way to establish your business as credible player in your field and draw attention to your page.
- Targeted Facebook Ad Campaigns: Strategic ad campaigns are becoming increasingly important due to the recent Facebook algorithm changes of the past year. Organic posts are not achieving the same amount impressions; therefore ads are great way to increase your reach. You can use Facebook’s advertising tool to easily create an ad campaign. This tool allows you to identify the location, gender, age, and interests of the consumers you want to target with your ads. Based on your selections Facebook will provide you with an estimate of how many people your ad will reach. Ad campaigns can be as expensive or inexpensive as would like them to be because you are able to set your own daily budget for any amount of time. Page-post ads look just like a Facebook status and specifically target non-fans.
- Host sweepstakes and contests: Facebook sweepstakes and contests are a great way to draw traffic to your page. Offering appealing prizes to your target audience is an incentive to get consumers to interact with your page and encourage their friends to participate as well. Using a promotion that requires entrants to like your page will keep them tuned into your brand even when the contest is over. It is very important to make sure that all promotions comply with Facebook’s contest rules. A great way to avoid any regulation conflicts is to use a third part app.
- Promote your own content and page: Your should be promoting your Facebook page on as many platforms as possible. In addition to linking your Facebook to your website, you should also have your link displayed on your other social media sites and blog. Include your Facebook URL your email signature, as well as your marketing materials. The more opportunities you provide for people to connect to your page, the easier it will be to increase your fans.